donderdag 13 augustus 2015

Strawberry's day: Healthy peanutbutter


Hello lovely people,

Welcome again to my blog! My first real article ever!
Before I start I wanna explain the name of this blogpost. When I’m posting a blogpost with this name it’s gonna be all about healthy products, healthy food, everything that’s going to make it easier to stay healthy!

Today I wanna show you a product I have discovered recently. A healthy peanutbutter! Yeah for real. Even though regular peanut butter is not that unhealthy, I was still thinking, there has to be a healthier and better version out there. So I went to a health shop here with a lot of different health products and I found these!

 
The brand is called Meridian. On the website of Meridian (http://www.meridianfoods.co.uk/) you can see all the products that they make, but also a lot of information about how it’s produced. They do not use palm oil in there products. The brand has a rainforest pledge to save orangutans and other primates who are threatend by the large scale of palm oil plantations in Indonesia. My boyfriend and I went for a vacation to Indonesia last year and we saw the orangutans in real life in the jungle of Sumatra. They are such amazing creatures to watch!

First about the crunchy peanut butter.
 

 
 









 






On the right side you can see the ingredients. Really just peanuts and nothing else. No palm oil, sugar or salt added. How simple can it be! This one has a crunchy taste because of the pieces of peanut in there. The taste of it is not a sweet as a mainstream peanutbutter but I did not expect that. It is also a little bit dryer in the mouth when you eat it.
 

Now about the almond butter. I was really looking forward to taste this one!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




This one has roasted almonds and a pinch of salt. Again really simple and natural! No added palm oil or sugar. This one is really smooth and the taste is also less sweeter than a regular peanutbutter. It is also a bit dryer in your mouth.
After I have tasted both them on a ricecracker, I find the taste of the almond butter a bit better. With the usual peanutbutter I always prefer the creamy one than the other one with crunch. If you prefer a crunchy one, you should definitly try the peanutbutter! It is also a better option if you’re watching your salt intake.
 
I’m really happy that there is a brand that really cares about the environment. Because of the pure natural ingredients and the taste, I will definitly choose this over a mainstream peanutbutter.
If you want to know more about the environmental and social impacts of the palm oil production, you can visit the website of the wwf:

The peanutbutter is €2,49 per 280 grams and the almond butter is €3,49 per 170 grams (in the Netherlands)

Let me know what you think about the healthy peanutbutter! If you have any tips for more products like this, leave a comment below! I would love that!
Hope you enjoyed my first article and I’ll see you soon!
 
Stay healthy in style,
 
X. Nina
 
Follow me on instagram @strawberryandcoco

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten